Dr. Samuel Chege Mwangi Profile
Name: Dr Samuel C. Mwangi
Title/Qualification: Dr. /Doctor of Philosophy
Department: Agricultural Economics and Extension
Area of Specialization: Agricultural Economics
Contact Address: Department of Agricultural Economics and Extension
University of Embu
P.O. Box 6-60100
Currently a lecturer at University of Embu and previously worked at the State Department of Agriculture Headquarters, Nairobi as a Policy Analyst. Studied PhD. in Agricultural Economics, MSc. in Agricultural and Applied Economics and BSc. in Agriculture at the University of Nairobi.
- Economic efficiency in agriculture.
- Agricultural value chains evaluation.
- Value addition in agriculture.
- Agricultural price analysis.
The research projects I am involved in are as follows:
- Performance characterization of macadamia nut grafted varieties for selection of superior types for increased yield.
- Socioeconomic factors affecting economic efficiency of smallholder sugarcane production.
- Agribusiness support and skills training for youths and women.
- Evaluation of small scale macadamia nut farmers’ value chain.
- Technology transfer and innovations for value addition for horticultural produce.
- Increasing the manufacturing of fabrics and apparels by fabrication of local textile innovations through technology transfer.
- Agricultural value chains market research.
- Sustainable and efficient management of agricultural water for improved food security and nutrition.